Hadi Shaaban, DO
Hadi Shaaban, DO, joined the Lutheran Health Physicians general surgery team in February 2017. Prior to relocating to Fort Wayne, he completed a surgical critical care fellowship at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill., and a burn fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City.
Dr. Shaaban graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering in 2000. He earned his medical degree from Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Ill., in 2006. Dr. Shaaban also served as the administrative chief resident in general surgery during his final year of residency at Michigan State University - Garden City Hospital in Garden City, Mich.
Dr. Shaaban has conducted a wide variety of research throughout his career including examination of surgical needs and capabilities in lunar missions and prescribing practices for burn patients.
He is a member of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, the American College of Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American Burn Association.
- Benign and malignant breast disease surgeries
- Endoscopy, including colonoscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy and feeding tube replacement
- Laparoscopic and open appendectomies
- Laparoscopic and open bowel surgeries
- Laparoscopic and open gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic and open inguinal, ventral, and femoral hernia surgery
- Minor and major tumor excisions
- Pilonidal cystectomies
- Port/venous access catheter insertions
- Tracheostomy placements