When was the last time you thought about your beating heart? If your heart beats normally, you probably never think about it. But if you have an abnormal heart rhythm, you probably think about it a lot - and a Lutheran Health Physicians electrophysiologist can help.
EP studies can:
- Assess the need for an implantable device (a pacemaker or ICD) or treatment procedure (radiofrequency catheter ablation or cryoablation)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of certain medications in controlling the arrhythmia
- Find the source of arrhythmia symptoms
- Predict the risk of future cardiac events, such as sudden cardiac death
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Atrial tachycardia
- Cardiac arrest
- Cardiomyopathy (dilated, ischemic or hypertrophic)
- Ventricular tachycardia
Learn more about the skilled team of physicians within the ten specialized clinics at the Heart and Vascular Center at Lutheran Hospital.